Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Lydia Teh

 

Who's Lydia Teh? Well, she's neither a big shot celebrity or well known politician.. 

She’s low key book’s author cum house -wife and in a date time, she’d wrote 5 books already. Those books are


1. Congratulations! You have won - A guidebook on how to maximize your chances of winning competitions,

2. Life's Like That - Scenes from Malaysian Life

3. Honk! If You're Malaysian

4. Do You Wear Suspenders - The Wordy Tales of Eh Poh Nim

5. Stretching Your Dollar$ and $ense - More than 300 Money-saving Tips for Anyone and Everyone


I’ve read most of them. Those are not serious reading. Her subjects are quiet simple. It always about our daily life and things around us. It’s about our society, lifestyle, inter –racial relationship, family etc. And I totally believe Lydia Teh’s books are really about 1 Malaysia’s concept.

   
My Choices.

Beside that, her articles have been published in magazines, newspapers and websites. She’s a columnist with Yellow Post, a weekly newspaper and she writes the occasional Word’s Up, Eh Poh Nim column in The Star’s Mind Our English page. She was named a Best Teleworking Mom by Nestle and e-homemakers.net in 2004.

To be honest, I’m never too good in English. English subject were always my Achilles heel during my school days. I've got C3 in SPM and B grade during PMR and UPSR, Band 4 in MUET, if my memory served me right. Very weak in grammar (you can evaluate in this blog) and used a ‘broken English’ in communication.


It’s a common advice for those who weak in English, go read English books or newspaper. In my teenager’s days, I was used to read an English Novel. But its half –hearted effort, I never fully understand most of the reading and used to lost interest in half –way line. So, this kind books are really suit for me. She applied a simple English, but still, a quality language on fascinating subject.

Most pictures taken from Lydia Teh’s Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment