Monday, May 24, 2010

The Office

The Office are my current favourite TV Series (Comedy genre). Just completed their 6th season last week. Its a comedy show adapted from UK TV Series (same title) lingering around daily Dunder-Mifflin office life (paper company turned to printer company in 6th season). It's a story about office politics, management, romance, clueless manager etc. Most of the characters are unique but typical looking of American.

I'm certainly wasn't impressed with the debut season. Mostly the jokes are lame, and Michael-Dwight combo are too annoying in my eyes. Jim and Pam flirting each other and playing pranks to Dwight are the only my interest point. The producer made a right choice by made the season short (only consist 6 episodes)

But the show really picked up its momentum in 2nd and 3rd season. The love triangle between Jim, Pam and Karen kept me ticking, Michael and Dwight developed and evolved their characters very well. They had transformed themselves from the most annoying figures to most essential characters in the show. Without the duo, I reckon this show are dull and not worth watching. Andy became my most hated character (alongside Kelly). A love affair of Michael-Jane and Dwight-Angela add more spice, but i don't like the Kelly-Ryan (mismatched couple in my eyes)

4th and 5th Season maintained the show high standards. I like Holly character, but she's only made brief appearance. Pretty face plus funny, what an awkward combo, but seem perfect on her. Charles made decent appearances too, shame he just suddenly disappeared. Jim-Pam relationship developed very well and rosy, Ryan replaced Andy as my most hated character.

The 6th Season focus are on the insolvency of Dunder-Mifflin, Jim-Pam wedding and the delivery of newborn Cecilia, but when these events settled down, I've lost interest quite a bit. The new receptionist, Erin made a decent introduction but her affair to Andy doesn't interest me. The new boss, Jo, is the great addition to the show though she appeared less than I hope.

Kevin is my most likable character throughout this all seasons, but he doesn't stand or will not be in center stage. I'm really anticipate the next season (7th Season). I hope for re -introduction of Holly, (was tipped at the end of 6th season) and hoping for a new beauty /funny /unique new character. And that's a rumour that Michael will discontinue his role after the 7th season (Hopefully not)

No comments:

Post a Comment